Once you have found the house you want you will need to complete the steps below to secure your new home:
After your viewing, if you have made an offer and its been accepted, the next step is to reserve the property and get referenced.
Please complete an Application form for each person over the age of 16 proposing to live at the property.
The Landlord will request a Holding Deposit equivalent to 1 weeks rent to be paid at the start of the application process. This Holding Deposit can be used towards the full deposit required before the commencement of the tenancy agreement.
The Holding Deposit is refundable in the following circumstances:
A) In full provided
- The offer is not accepted by the Landlord
- The Landlord withdraws the property
- If the prospective tenant withdraws the offer prior to the commencement of tenant referencing checks
B) In Part provided
- If the Landlord determines that the reference replies are unsatisfactory a charge of £50 will be payable to cover the costs of referencing
- If the Landlord is unable to obtain replies to reference requests within 7 working days, a charge will be payable to cover reasonable time and expenses subject to a maximum of £50
- If the prospective tenant provides false or misleading statements and the Landlord is unable to let the property by the agreed date a charge will be payable to cover reasonable time and expenses subject to a maximum of the holding deposit paid
- If the prospective tenant withdraws the offer after the commencement of tenant reference checks and the Landlord is unable to let the property by the agreed date, a charge will be payable to cover reasonable time and expenses subject to a maximum of the holding deposit paid
By completing the Tenant Application form you are providing consent for MK Lettings to conduct a reference check on the personal infomation provided.
Should you fail referencing due to insufficient income and you are offered to provide a Guarantor, the person you elect would have to be fully referenced and provide documentation to asssit this and sign a Guarantor form before the tenancy commenced.
It is imperative that you disclose all relevant facts that may adversely affect your reference outcome, prior to entering into the above, it may save you money. Should you have adverse credit, CCJ, or fail the credit check conducted by FCC Paragon, we will be unable to accept you as a tenant and the Holding Deposit may not be refunded in full as above.
PLEASE NOTE THAT IN ORDER TO PASS FULL REFERENCING, YOU SHOULD BE IN PERMANENT FULL TIME EMPLOYMENT WITH NO ADVERSE CREDIT HISTORY AND HOLD THE CORRECT RIGHT TO RENT DOCUMENTS.
Sign the tenancy agreement - Assuming the reference checks are fine, you will then need to sign the tenancy paperwork.
Set up rent standing orders and pay a deposit - You will be required to pay your Full security deposit less the Holding Deposit already paid, plus your first months rent in cleared funds at least 24 hours prior to the agreed move in date and time.
Set up a standing order to pay your rent on the due date.
The house is yours! We will meet you at your house on move-in day, but if there is anything else you need in the meantime, just give us a call.